Saturday, January 2, 2010

Snagging a Treasury


The numbers count down . . . 336 . . . 335 . . . Hours ago I entered search terms relentlessly, seeking the perfectly curated collection. . . I have my title scribbled on a piece of scrap paper next to my computer. I'm knitting to pass the time until suddenly the number drops to 333. . . the words "The Treasury is full right now" blur before me on the screen, my fingers hovering over my keyboard, waiting for the title box to appear. I have an almost uncontrollable urge to apply chapstick to my dry lips. . . The box pops up! I type furiously and hit "Create!"

Yes, that's what it's like every single time I make a treasury on Etsy. But I got one today, and this time my inspiration was "The Night Dances" by Sylvia Plath. I used search terms found in the poem (tiger, petals, lilies, spirals, black amnesias, lamps, planets, six-sided, comets, ego) and I think my favorite item in the treasury is the ring pictured above, by Mercury Orchid. Love it!

No comments: