Sunday, January 24, 2010

Freeform Crochet Foray! Hurray!

Oh, I am such a geek with my word selection! Anyway, I have been SUPER inspired lately by some freeform crochet pieces I've happened upon on Flickr and other places, so I decided to try my hand at some myself; let me tell you WHAT FUN!! I love making scarves, but occasionally I get a little toasted after doing V-stitch or grit stitch for a few days, and doing this cuff was seriously like shaking out your foot when it's all pins-and-needles! It was like a big, reaching stretch. Just FUN.

Here's my first piece: Apple Kiss



And here's the back:



I'm already working on another! It's great because going into spring, I don't do a lot of scarves--I do more jewelry and hair items. So I expect to be putting more energy into these are spring approaches.

I've also got to get working on some pin-up style snoods--I just love them, and I haven't found a lot on Etsy in the retro style I like. Taking photos of my own head is kind of tough though, at least getting them to look how I want my photos to look--might have to enlist some gals I know to be models. . .

3 comments:

colorfulpen said...

I like the colors in this piece. Very spring-like. And the lovelorn scarf is one of my favorites.

Alex said...

I thought I would try this blog instead of your other one today.

I can safely say that I have no idea as to what to make of the things you made. To be honest I don't even know what they're for.

Cyndle said...

Thanks, Colorfulpen! Alex, I guess the best classification would be "wearable art."