Monday, February 9, 2009
Still in the hospital
So Sage had a little spell where his heart rate and oxygen levels dropped around 2AM on Saturday when they tried to give him his car seat test. After that happened, they kept him in the nursery on a monitor all day. Around 9 that night he passed a second car seat test, and he was back in our room, with the expectation that we would be going home on Sunday morning (the pediatrician on that day had said that if he was good on the monitor all day and passed the test at night, that was a reasonable expectation). So here it is Monday, and we're still here. Why? Because a different pediatrician that was on yesterday just decided that he was keeping Sage here IN THE NURSERY ON THE MONITOR until Wednesday. And now I don't even have a room (I was discharged on Saturday night), so I'm just hanging out in the nursery with all my belongings on a cart, not even sure when or whether I will have a bed tonight. Tom and I are pretty frustrated with the whole situation, and kind of getting to the point where we want to sign him out "against medical advice." So that's where things are. . . That's all I can really say right now.