Monday, April 19, 2010

Fresh Green Braids

I've been working away at making some new items--lately I'm feeling really inspired by a box of tangled sari silk ribbon I have. The colors are so varied, some with iridescent finishes, plus raw, thready edges. . . There's so much texture! I braided a long (over 10 feet) necklace with shades of green and teal with touches of magenta. I think it came out really beautiful--the colors seem so alive and electric!




Trying out Treasury East

In honor of my color obsession, I also created a treasury on Etsy's new Treasury East, which is in beta testing right now. It's called "Now that's a bright idea!"



I really love everything on that list, but the lime green slippers by natalya1905, the photo (aren't those colors gorgeous?) by bomobob, and that amazing yarn by YOKNITS are my top faves!

You can check out my Fresh Greens Braid Necklace and almost a hundred other unique, eclectically-styled items at Frost on Etsy!

2 comments:

Stella L. Doyon said...

I love your Treasury cause I too love bright colors. The brighter the better. It remind me of when I use to be a florist all the colors of the rainbow that you could imagine.
Kraftii1

Cyndle said...

Thanks for checking out my treasury! I have felt really influenced and inspired by bright colors--I'm just full of design ideas and imagination lately, which is a welcome change from the rut I was in! :)