Friday, March 12, 2010

One of the other things I do in my somewhat busy life is advise a high school yearbook. It's a 200-page book, so it's no small feat. And inevitably, I end up doing a lot of the work (the sentiment was summed up perfectly in the answer to an interview question for a yearbook layout: "Why are you late to class?" "Because I don't care."). It's already my responsibility to do all the design work for the layouts. But the whole book is due on Monday, so I have been working on that what seems like all day every day for the last week and a half. Boy, does my body hate sitting at the computer for that long every day (the yearbook is built online). Anyway, that's the reason for the lack of productivity in other things, like shop updates. But I plan to rectify this soon--I hate feeling like my shop is stagnant.

I have some cool fiber necklace ideas that I'm working on, so we'll see how that goes. I want to do some pieces that are a little more happenstance and deconstructed looking. I'm thinking embroidery, frayed edges, metal. . . If I get anything good made today, I'll take some pics and post!

In other news, my conrod joint to fix my spinning wheel came today! So now I can use the yummy fiber I got from LushMommy, whose stuff is just gorgeous. I want to be in her monthly fiber club SO BADLY!

Well, that's the deal lately--and I am now determined to make something today!

No comments: