Thursday, March 18, 2010

My brother, the future Navy SEAL



This photo of my little (ha!) brother was in the San Diego Union-Tribune this month--he's on the obstacle course during his BUD/s training. My mother of course called and ordered 10 copies of it! :) He's on San Clemente Island right now for next 5 weeks, but when he's done with that, he'll be back to Coronado for graduation from BUD/s! Another step closer to his dream of becoming one of the toughest of the tough, a Navy SEAL.

His birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and honestly, I can't believe he'll already be 21. I can still remember the day my parents called me from the hospital (I was staying with my grandparents) to tell me that my prayers had been answered and I had a new baby brother. Man, I'm tearing up just thinking about it! Because although we had a little rough patch here and there, I've always had a great relationship with my brother--he's also a really great friend that I love to laugh with (and at), share music and old movies with, and learn about. He's a tough guy, as I'm seeing more and more as he goes through this process, but he's also a sweet and thoughtful guy, and that's what makes him the best brother in the world.

Alright, I'm going to stop before I get too teary. Oh, the emotions of the evening are so intensified! Little brother, my thoughts are with you--I hope you know it.

No comments: