Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Monday

I just had an eventful, tiring weekend! I hate when I feel more tired on Monday than I did on Friday! It all started on Friday afternoon, helping my mother with her junior class fund-raiser. The kids transformed some of the school's hallways to create "Spook Alley." It was actually a fun event, scaring little kids and high schoolers alike, and the kids raised some pretty good money for their class. My day on Friday starting with waking at 6 AM, going to work at the high school, making cotton candy for 2 hours after school, then beginning the hallway set-up, doing makeup for the ghouls, goblins, and zombies, doing my own makeup, maintaining order in the halls, and leading tour groups through. Then we had to tear down the event at 11 PM, pack cars, and eat cotton candy. Well, I had to. . . So I didn't get to bed until 3 AM. It was a LONG day.

Saturday Tom and I had another stay at the York Harbor Inn, courtesy of my parents. They even told us to charge dinner and brunch to the room! It was wonderful. The L.L. Bean room, where we stayed, has a deck that faces the ocean-- it's right over the dining room, on the front of the building. Tom liked how rustic the decor was; it even smelled like a camp!


The innkeeper Paul was just wonderful-- in fact, everyone was so friendly and showed us such hospitality! Dinner was amazing. I had the most delicious Filet Mignon with grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes! Breakfast was delicious too. The French Toast was made of French bread, and it was so wonderfully seasoned, with powdered sugar. And the bacon! Oh, yum. I wish I could eat there all the time! I would really recommend eating at YHI anytime, in the dining room or the pub. Both have great atmosphere, and they offer the same menu, so it just depends on if you feel like a more casual environment or one that is a little more refined.

Yesterday we were going to go to Haunted Acres in Epping (Tom's boss gave us tickets), but we were just too tired to go there last night! That'll have to be next weekend. I'm really not looking forward to it-- spooky hauntings are not my thing! But Tom wants to go, and I guess that's what being married is all about-- getting the pants scared offa you if that's what your husband likes!

I'm gearing up for another update to my shop-- I think today will be a good day to take photos. I should have at least five new items up by Wednesday! If anyone can give me some pointers on how to get the word out on my shop, I would really appreciate it! I read the Etsy Storque articles, but I would love some help from anyone who has ideas!

2 comments:

Geek+Nerd said...

You should join a street team. Whoever you pick the most important thing is that they're active, because those are the groups that will work in your favor. I used to belong to EtsyBloggers, which is great, but it's a lot of work to be a member, and I dropped by the wayside since I haven't done much for my shop these days. They have their own website you can Google, and you can review the member requirements right on the home page I believe. Hope that helps!

Cyndle said...

Thanks Miss Sarah! :) You are, as usual, a wealth of useful information!