Monday, February 15, 2010

A Good Day to Dye


Yesterday I was a dyeing fool. The most popular item I think I've ever had is my Revelry Scarf. I started making them a few months shy of a year ago, and I've sold more than ten on Etsy, plus some at my holiday fairs this year. Last week I pulled out a pile of plain white jersey and decided to make some up then dye them.

I wasn't sure about the fiber content of the jersey (I tend to stock-pile fabric and don't always keep good records of these things), so I didn't know how they would come out, but I finally got around to dyeing yesterday. I also did some formerly white jackets that I plan to embroider and embellish, plus some new jersey scarves that are less tailored than the Revelry Scarf. All told, I dyed 18 pieces yesterday! My fingertips and nail beds are a dull burgundy today.

So I'll be updating the shop with these items, a few at a time. I've been tossing around ideas for a new funky textile jewelry line as well, so we'll see how that goes. Nothing else new under the sun!

No comments: